All courses taught by a certified Wilton Method instructor. Class location in Derby, East Midlands.
Build buttercream skills you can use for all decorating projects - from cupcakes to cakes for any occasion. Whether you're new to decorating or have been decorating for years, when you complete Course 1, you'll be proud of the new techniques you've learned and ready to showcase them on your next project. Your Wilton Method Certified Instructor will help you each step of the way as you learn how easy it can be to:
- Ice and decorate a cake and other sweet treats
- Make six different buttercream icing flowers
- Pipe lines and make simple borders, letters and shapes on your cake
- Transfer images to a cake to decorate
- Make icing the right consistency to decorate
- Fill and use a decorating bag
Class sizes are limited to 4 places and require a confirmed booking of 2 to go ahead.
We include everything to complete your course except your own sponge cake as we believe it is best to work on your own sponges. Please bring two or three 6 or 8” round sponge layers that have NOT been levelled. Your sponges when stacked on top of each other need to be at least 2.5” high so please ensure you bring enough unlevelled sponge layers.
Included in the course:
- Wilton Course 1 - Student Pack RRP £41.99
- 8 hours tuition (4 hours each day), times to be confirmed
- All required products to complete the course such as buttercream gumpaste, fondant, etc (bring your own sponge cakes)
- Onsite aprons
Learn Skills to Make Treats Like These: